Keep Pests Out of Your Kitchen!
• Keep doors shut when not in use.
• Keep window screens closed.
• Keep outdoor garbage containers away from doors and windows.
Don’t give pests water!
• Clean spills promptly.
• Keep storage and preparation areas clean and dry.
• Clean mops and buckets after each use. Dry buckets and hang mops on a rack above floor drain.
Don’t give pests a place to live!
• Inspect food storage areas for signs of pests.
• Tell your supervisor about ANY SIGNS OF PESTS.
• Store paper products and cardboard boxes in dry areas, 6 inches off the floors and away from walls.
• Recycle or throw away cardboard packaging as soon as possible.
• Keep trash and recycling rooms clean and dry.
• Keep floor drains, strainers, and grates clean.
• Seal cracks and crevices with caulk or paint.
Don’t feed pests!
• Keep all food in sealed containers made to store food. Cardboard and paper are not pest-proof.
• Use FIFO (first in - first out). Do not mix new food with older stored food.
• Rinse disposable food containers before throwing them away.
• Clean and sanitize food preparation equipment after use.
• Each day, sweep and mop floors and let them dry.
• Clean grease from vents, ovens and stoves.
• Keep indoor garbage in lined, covered containers and empty containers daily.
• Put garbage in sealed plastic bags before placing them in a covered, rodent-proof Dumpster.
• Keep garbage cans and Dumpsters clean.
Only trained applicators may apply pesticides in Food businesses , Schools, Day-care centers orCommercial kitchens. Implement IPM/Green technologies for safe and healthy food.
Courtesy:PREVENTION * EXCLUSION * SANITATION * TREATMENT
Issued in the interest of Food Safety :
Director , PESPRO, Chennai