The Commissionerate of Food Safety,Tamilnadu has arranged orientation training for the Food Safety Officers in ten batches. The training for the first batch was inaugurated by the Commissioner Thiru.KUMAR JAYANT,I.A.S., on 28.01.2013 in the Institute of Public Health, Poonamali at Chennai.The key points of the advices in his inaugral address :
- Create awareness among the Food Business operators on the importance of the Food Safety Act,2006.
- Educate them on the importance of obtaining Licence/Registration Certificate for the food business.
- Minor deviations and defects should be brought to their knowledge and make them to rectify the defects and deviations.
- Food Safety Officers should proceed legally when the Food Business Operators deviate voluntarily. For eg., it is wiser to take legal action against a manufacturer who has printed 'Veg. logo' on a food packet which contains non-vegetarian ingredients without declaration than to take action against a manufacturer who has failed to print 'Non-veg logo' on the packet printed as "Chicken cutlet."
- Never focus the imprisonment or the penalty in the Act to threaten the Food Business Operators.
- Soon, Food Licensing system will be made 'online' in Tamilnadu.
- Soon, the Food Safety Officers will be provided a Tablet PC to feed their day to day activities.
- A complaint redressal cell will soon be inaugrated at the Commissionerate.
We should really thank the Commissioner for his innovative steps. Then, began the training classes. The training is conducted by the CONCERT Organisation of the Consumer Association of India.
Thiru. Santhanarajan, Director of the CONCERT has taken much efforts for the success of the training.
VARIOUS GUEST LECTURES AND THE PARTICIPANTS:
|OFFICE BEARERS OF CAI|
|FORMER GOVT. ANALYST THIRU.PANDIPERUMAL|
|TRAINEE FOOD SAFETY OFFICERS.|
|DR.SRINIVASAN, DESIGNATED OFFICER, CENTRAL LICENSING.|
|TMT. KALPANA,DIRECTOR, BIS, CHENNAI|
LET US WELCOME THE MARVELOUS EFFORTS TAKEN BY THE COMMISSIONER TO MAKE US ENERGETIC AND DEDICATE OUR SERVICES TO ENSURE SAFE FOOD TO ALL. LET IT BEGIN AT OUR HOMES FIRST, THEN LET US ENSURE SAFE FOOD TO OUR TOWN AND SO ON.